This is a full-time position in our center-based program in Newington, NH. The qualified person will provide direct 1:1 instruction to a student with autism, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles. Training and supervision are provided.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- One on one instruction and conducts, as appropriate, small group instruction
- Collects, tracks, graphs and analyzes data for assigned student(s)
- Assists with the development of student programming
- Maintains assigned student(s) individualized notebook of programs and data
- Prepares and implements teaching materials for assigned student(s)
- Communicates and works with designated families regarding educational concerns and opportunities and home and serving, for these families, as a communication link to the student(s) instructional team at Birchtree through daily communication logs, weekly phone calls and home visits
- Becomes knowledgeable and maintains an awareness of the contents of assigned students’ Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and all other related reports and evaluations
- Participates in team decisions, including the development of assigned student’s IEPs and implements same in the classroom
- Accompanies students on trips in the community
Qualifications: A BA/BS in a related field is preferred; an AS or equivalent work toward a degree with related experience will also be considered. General Special Education certification and experience working with students with autism is a plus. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Ouellette, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.