This is a full-time position in our center-based program in Newington, NH. The qualified person will provide direct instruction to students with autism, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles. We are looking for a candidate who would also be interested in utilizing their Physical Education experience to teach PE in small groups one day per week in the center.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- One on one instruction and conducts, as appropriate, small group instruction
- Collects, tracks, graphs and analyzes data for assigned student(s)
- Assists with the development of student programming
- Maintains assigned student(s) individualized notebook of programs and data
- Prepares and implements teaching materials for assigned student(s)
- Communicates and works with designated families regarding educational concerns and opportunities and home and serving, for these families, as a communication link to the student(s) instructional team at Birchtree through daily communication logs, weekly phone calls and home visits
- Becomes knowledgeable and maintains an awareness of the contents of assigned students’ Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and all other related reports and evaluations
- Participates in team decisions, including the development of assigned student’s IEPs and implements same in the classroom
- Accompanies students on trips in the community
- Develops & delivers once a week PE classes for all students
Qualifications: Must have a bachelor’s degree in physical education (or similar degree) and either New Hampshire Department of Education certification to teach Physical Education or have the ability to be certified within a short timeline. Experience working with students with autism is a plus. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Ouellette, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.