Our outreach staff work directly with students and with parents and caregivers to develop home-based educational and therapeutic programs. Our staff can:
- help prepare a child for an inclusive school setting
- provide after-school behavioral support
- facilitate acquisition and retention of activities of daily living (self-care, leisure skills, etc.)
- and so much more!
Who We Serve
Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families, their caregivers, and their teachers and instructors.
Outreach specialists travel to homes, schools, and other community-based venues throughout New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
Our approach incorporates “best practices” in:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Communication Sciences
- Sensory Integration
- Social Skill Development
All instruction follows New Hampshire state education standards and frameworks. For more information about our approach, click here.
Outreach Services for Families
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Behavior Support Plans
- Educational, Therapeutic & Behavioral Program Design
- Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy & Instruction
- IEP Formulation & Curriculum Development
- Home-Based Instruction & Therapy
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Caregiver Training
- Parent Training
- Respite Support
- Transition Support
Our Outreach Specialists
Our outreach staff is comprised of a team of board-certified behavior analysts, special educators, a speech-language pathologist, and an occupational therapist, all of whom oversee the outreach program and are available for ongoing consultation. Direct service providers are our most experienced instructors, who are supervised by our behavior analysts and special educators. For more information about our staff, click here.
For More Information
Funding for The Birchtree Center Outreach Program’s development was provided by the Piscataqua Region Community Fund of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation – Piscataqua Region, The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, The Fuller Foundation, and The George A. Ramlose Foundation.