The Birchtree Center is searching for our next great staff member! This is a full-time position in our center-based program in Portsmouth, NH. The qualified person will provide direct instruction to a student with autism, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles. Training and supervision are provided.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- One on one instruction and conducts, as appropriate, small group instruction
- Collects, tracks, graphs and analyzes data for assigned student(s)
- Assists with the development of student programming
- Maintains assigned student(s) individualized notebook of programs and data
- Prepares and implements teaching materials for assigned student(s)
- Communicates and works with designated families regarding educational concerns and opportunities and home and serving, for these families, as a communication link to the student(s) instructional team at Birchtree through daily communication logs, weekly phone calls and home visits
- Becomes knowledgeable and maintains an awareness of the contents of assigned students’ Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and all other related reports and evaluations
- Participates in team decisions, including the development of assigned student’s IEPs and implements same in the classroom
- Accompanies students on trips in the community
Qualifications: A BA/BS in a related field is preferred; an AS or some work toward a degree with related experience will also be considered. Experience working with students with autism is a plus. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
To perform essential functions of the job, must be physically capable of standing, stretching, bending, walking, running, and lifting/transporting a minimum of 60 lbs. Must be capable of moving and thinking quickly under stressful situations and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits: Join a great team of dedicated individuals! We live/work by our school’s simple but significant Philosophy… Be There, Be Kind, Have Fun, Promote Positivity!
We offer a competitive salary, a great benefit package with FREE dental and long-term disability insurance and 99% of the health insurance costs are covered by Birchtree. In addition, our staff start with 6.5 weeks of vacation in their first year.
We are educating our students in person, and we are doing it SAFELY. We provide full PPE for all staff members and our staff receive priority in Covid vaccinations also.
We provide training and supervision for all staff to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT).
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Ouellette, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.