The Birchtree Center exists to promote independence, engaging relationships, and productive lives for children and youth with autism at home, at school, and in the community.
Our nonprofit organization is based in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, and serves students, families, schools, and agencies in southern New Hampshire, southern Maine, and northern Massachusetts. An organization overview is here.
Current & Upcoming Events
- April 1-21: Wellness ChallengeLooking for some inspiration to meet your personal wellness goals this spring? Join us for Birchtree’s Wellness Challenge for Autism […]
- March 1-31: Shop at The Fabulous Find to Benefit BirchtreeWhen you shop at The Fabulous Find Resale Boutique in Kittery this March, a share of your purchase goes to […]
- April 19: Workshop for Paras & School Staff on Behavior StrategiesStrategies to Address Challenging Behaviors at School: A Workshop for Para-Educators & School Staff Wednesday, April 19, 4-5:30pm At The Birchtree […]
- November 4, 2023 Benefit for Learning AuctionPlease save the date to join us on Saturday, November 4th, 2023, for our 12th-annual auction at the Regatta Room in Eliot, […]
News & Updates
- Kindness Week & Valentine’s Celebrations 2023We had a short but sweet February at Birchtree! Volunteers from Altrusa International of the Seacoast read “Turkey’s Valentine Surprise” […]
- Holiday Hopping & Other December FunWe had a delightful December at Birchtree’s day school. Students learned about fall and winter holidays across the globe during […]
- Recent Students Achieving Independence for Life (SAIL) ActivitiesIf you ever visit Birchtree’s day school, you may see some empty desks! That’s because so many Birchtree students step […]
How You Can Get Involved