- Children and youth with autism and related disorders.
- Public schools and community agencies serving students with autism.
- Educators, caregivers and families who work with students with autism.
Services are available year-round in schools, agencies and homes in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts.
Birchtree’s autism experts work in partnership with students, families, schools and agencies to develop comprehensive, individualized educational and therapeutic programs. We are committed to full inclusion whenever and wherever possible.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Expertise in Action
All Birchtree programs are data-driven and based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) train and supervise all instructors. For more information about Birchtree’s staff, click here.
Available services for schools and agencies include:
- Consultation and training with a student’s educational team.
- Behavioral, educational and individualized program assessments.
- Helping develop interventions and strategies that can be used to strengthen a student’s progress in a public school setting.
Birchtree’s staff can also:
- Provide staff training and supervision.
- Offer in-service workshops.
- Design individualized data-collection systems.
- Conduct ongoing observations and data analysis to provide recommendations for program modifications.
Individualized Program Evaluations
These evaluations assess a student’s educational, behavioral and instructional needs and provide recommendations to facilitate skill development and performance across environments.
A Behavior Analyst observes the student and his/her current programming, reviews student records, and interviews staff and family members. A written report summarizes a student’s observed behaviors and skills, identifies his/her current level of needs, and makes recommendations for educational and behavioral programming and for the future direction of the student’s program and Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS-R)
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment & Placement Program (VB-MAPP)
- Standardized academic testing
- Behavior support plan development, implementation & documentation
- Lesson plan development, implementation & documentation, including procedures for promoting skill acquisition & performance
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) formulation & curriculum development
- Developing data-collection systems to track IEP goals; graphing & analyzing data
- Creating visual supports
Training & In-Service Topics
- Best practices in working with students with autism
- An introduction to the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Behavior management strategies: function-based interventions
- Discrete trial instruction
- Teaching social skills to students with high functioning autism
- How to implement data monitoring of IEP & behavior objectives
- Task analyses/teaching self-help skills
- Promoting language development throughout home and school settings
Need other training? We can design a program to address the needs of your family, your organization, or specific students.
Birchtree’s autism experts offer educational programs open to the public. Teachers, para-educators, service providers, parents and caregivers learn practical strategies for working with students with autism and related disorders. To learn about upcoming workshops, click here.
Birchtree’s staff can provide instructional help in a student’s home in the areas of behavior, hygiene, self-help skills, leisure routines, communication, social interaction, community access, academics, and more. Birchtree’s autism experts can offer training to family members and caregivers and help students learn to apply their skills at home and in the community.
Rates & Funding
In most cases, school-based services are funded by a student’s school district. For students under three years, services are typically funded by the student’s area agency.
At this time, we are unable to provide services funded by health insurance.
Services are available for an hourly fee plus travel costs (to and from Newington, New Hampshire). Rates vary depending on the type of service offered.
To learn more about rates and available services, contact us.
For More Information
This program’s development was funded in part by grants from the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation‘s Greater Portsmouth Rehabilitation Center Fund, John and Lelia Lamson Fund, and Piscataqua Region Community Fund; The Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism; The Fuller Foundation; and The George A. Ramlose Foundation.