The Birchtree Center is an expanding not-for-profit organization based in Newington, NH, that provides year-round educational services to students with autism ranging in age from 2-21 years. The Birchtree Center offers comprehensive training and supervision within a supportive educational team environment.
Full-time staff receive an AMAZING benefit package including: free health, dental and long-term disability insurance for all staff members; 5 weeks of paid vacation; and another 8 days of personal/vacation time. A 401K plan and other benefits are also available.
The Birchtree Center is a very cool place to work–and we have an award to prove it! The Birchtree Center won an award in the Coolest Companies for Young Professionals category at the 2013 Rising Stars Awards.
This is a full-time position in our center-based program in Newington, NH. The qualified person will provide direct 1:1 instruction to a student with autism, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles. Training and supervision are provided.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- One on one instruction and conducts, as appropriate, small group instruction
- Collects, tracks, graphs and analyzes data for assigned student(s)
- Assists with the development of student programming
- Maintains assigned student(s) individualized notebook of programs and data
- Prepares and implements teaching materials for assigned student(s)
- Communicates and works with designated families regarding educational concerns and opportunities and home and serving, for these families, as a communication link to the student(s) instructional team at Birchtree through daily communication logs, weekly phone calls and home visits
- Becomes knowledgeable and maintains an awareness of the contents of assigned students’ Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and all other related reports and evaluations
- Participates in team decisions, including the development of assigned student’s IEPs and implements same in the classroom
- Accompanies students on trips in the community
A BA/BS in a related field is preferred; an AS or equivalent work toward a degree with related experience will also be considered. General Special Education certification and experience working with students with autism is a plus. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Ouellette, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Birchtree Philosophy
The Birchtree staff has created a “Birchtree Philosophy” statement that describes how we work and the values we share:
BE THERE: Support one another in everything we do.
BE KIND: Treat everyone with respect and compassion.
HAVE FUN: Enjoy every moment and make learning fun.
PROMOTE POSITIVITY: Smiles are contagious.
As directed by the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), we have an Asbestos Management Plan available in The Birchtree Center’s Human Resources Office.