The Birchtree Center is an expanding not-for-profit organization based in Newington, NH, that provides year-round educational services to students with autism ranging in age from 2-21 years. The Birchtree Center offers comprehensive training and supervision within a supportive educational team environment.
The Birchtree Center is a very cool place to work–and we have an award to prove it! The Birchtree Center won an award in the Coolest Companies for Young Professionals category at the 2013 Rising Stars Awards.
This is a full-time position in our center-based program in Newington, NH. The qualified person will provide direct 1:1 instruction to a student with autism, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles. Training and supervision are provided.
Some of the responsibilities include:
* One on one instruction and conducts, as appropriate, small group instruction
* Collects, tracks, graphs and analyzes data for assigned student(s)
* Assists with the development of student programming
* Maintains assigned student(s) individualized notebook of programs and data
* Prepares and implements teaching materials for assigned student(s)
* Communicates and works with designated families regarding educational concerns and opportunities and home and serving, for these families, as a communication link to the student(s) instructional team at Birchtree through daily communication logs, weekly phone calls and home visits
* Becomes knowledgeable and maintains an awareness of the contents of assigned students’ Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and all other related reports and evaluations
* Participates in team decisions, including teh development of assigned student’s IEPs adn implements same in the classroom
* Accompanies students on trips in the community
A BA/BS in a related field is required; General Special Education certification and experience working with students with autism is a plus. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.