The Birchtree Center is an expanding not-for-profit organization based in Newington, NH, that provides year-round educational services to students with autism ranging in age from 2-21 years. The Birchtree Center offers comprehensive training and supervision within a supportive educational team environment.
The Birchtree Center is a very cool place to work–and we have an award to prove it! The Birchtree Center won an award in the Coolest Companies for Young Professionals category at the 2013 Rising Stars Awards.
This is a full-time position in our center-based program in Newington, NH. The qualified person will provide direct 1:1 instruction to a student with autism, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis principles. Training and supervision are provided.
Some of the responsibilities include:
* One on one instruction and conducts, as appropriate, small group instruction
* Collects, tracks, graphs and analyzes data for assigned student(s)
* Assists with the development of student programming
* Maintains assigned student(s) individualized notebook of programs and data
* Prepares and implements teaching materials for assigned student(s)
* Communicates and works with designated families regarding educational concerns and opportunities and home and serving, for these families, as a communication link to the student(s) instructional team at Birchtree through daily communication logs, weekly phone calls and home visits
* Becomes knowledgeable and maintains an awareness of the contents of assigned students’ Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and all other related reports and evaluations
* Participates in team decisions, including teh development of assigned student’s IEPs adn implements same in the classroom
* Accompanies students on trips in the community
Qualifications: A BA/BS in a related field is required; General Special Education certification and experience working with students with autism is a plus. Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Ouellette, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
Part-Time Outreach Clinical Instructor(s)
The Birchtree Center exists to promote independence, engaging relationships, and productive lives for children and youth with autism at home, at school, and in the community. Our part-time Outreach Clinical Instructors contribute to this mission by delivering home-based programming to children and youth with autism under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
We have several part-time opportunities available in NH. The positions we have available are usually for approximately 2 hours per day, 4 days a week. Most of the position hours run sometime between 3:30pm – 8:00pm. Periodically, weekend hours are available. These positions require the individual to work one on one with the child or teenager on skills such as self help, communication, leisure/recreational, physical fitness, and community behavior. The successful candidates will communicate and work with designated families with daily updates. Our Outreach Clinical Instructors must have the ability to remain professional, compassionate, reliable, flexible, ethical, and objective without feedback as this is an extremely autonomous position. They must be able to establish positive and collaborative working relationships with BCBAs, various team members and parents.
A BA/BS Degree in related field is preferred, but an Associate’s Degree with experience in the field will also be considered. Experience working with children with autism is a plus. The candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
To perform essential functions of the job, must be physically capable of standing, stretching, bending, walking, and running. Must be capable of moving and thinking quickly under stressful situations.
For the right applicant, this is a very enjoyable, fun, and rewarding position with a great hourly rate of pay! Please send resume, cover letter and salary history to: Sarah Ouellette, firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Director, 2064 Woodbury Ave, Suite 204, Newington, NH. 03801
The Birchtree Philosophy
The Birchtree staff has created a “Birchtree Philosophy” statement that describes how we work and the values we share:
BE THERE: Support one another in everything we do.
BE KIND: Treat everyone with respect and compassion.
HAVE FUN: Enjoy every moment and make learning fun.
PROMOTE POSITIVITY: Smiles are contagious.